Re: Multiple staffs

From: peter
Subject: Re: Multiple staffs
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2018 08:07:58 +1100

J> to set a composition which starts with a single instrument before
J> bringing in the whole ensemble.  I don't want to break it up into
J> multiple scores because I want the midi to play through as a single
J> performance.

Something like this?  I think it'd look better with a line break after
the solo section, but this should give you an idea.  Your example had
everything in parallel, instead of a sequential part.

\version "2.21.0"
solo = \relative c'' { c4 c c c }

desc = \relative c'' { b b b b }
treb = \relative c'' { g g g g }
bass = \relative c { e e e e }

\score {
    { % sequential Music that starts with the solo
        \new Staff = "treb" \solo

        << % and now a parallel section of three staves.
           % The label marks which one was the solo before.
           \new Staff \desc
           \context Staff = "treb" \treb
           \new Staff { \clef "F" \bass