lingot-devel

Re: [Lingot-devel] French Translation

From: Ibán Cereijo
Subject: Re: [Lingot-devel] French Translation
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 00:19:59 +0100

Hi,

For my curiosity, do you know LinuxMAO since long time ?

No, I did't know the site before, but I already knew some of the software linked there, like Rakarrack, TuxGuitar and others. I'm glad to see Lingot among those great apps. I have to surf the site more thoroughly.

If you want some feedback, please read below :

Lingot with JACK, output selection, produce Xrun when we close Lingot. It was reported by few people on IRC.

Sometimes, LINGOT freeze before crash when we click on "Apply" or "OK" on Preferences.
with this type of message in qJackCtl : "  subgraph starting at lingot lost client bad status (-2) for client lingot handling event (type = 8) **** alsa_pcm: xrun of at least 56.771 msecs"

I've tried to launch Lingot by a terminal, but there is no message when crash/freeze.

Oh, thanks for the report!, it's always a valuable information. I have to check in the bug tracker whether or not I have already fixed that problem. Anyway, we still have a similar issue in version 0.8.2beta (maybe the one you reported). I need to find the time to get rid of it.

However, we've made a package (backport from debian) for TangoStudio, a french distribution based on Ubuntu 10.04 dedicaced to audio-digital for GNU Linux.
We've put Lingot in our "unstable repository" for testing.

That's great news, perhaps TangoStudio users can help in improving Lingot. I'll try to have a debian package as soon as possible, so you'll have the new features available (http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/lingot-devel/2010-10/msg00001.html)

Best regards,

Ibán.