lmi

Re: [lmi] Code review: product editor

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] Code review: product editor
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 14:19:25 +0000

On 2007-3-2 15:30 UTC, Evgeniy Tarassov wrote:

> Oh, IMHO it is getting really complicated. Do you think that we could
> create a separate branch for product editor (again) so that both of us
> could make all the changes related to product editor in there?

Let's try that and see how it works.

What I'm afraid of is that the final merge into HEAD might be
difficult. That was a problem for me with the calculation
summary. But maybe I should go about that differently; I need
to think about that, but don't want to stall this work in the
meantime.

Can you integrate what you've got with HEAD as it stands at
this moment, and put the result into a new branch? (Or update
the existing 'product-editor_branch' if that seems better to
you.) I've been trying to do that integration, and made some
good progress, but am now finding it very difficult to finish.
I had hoped that merging with 'diff3' would make it easy for me,
but that's not how it has worked out because there are more
conflicts than I had anticipated.

Just to be clear, this means: for now, you don't need to watch
HEAD or pay attention to any further changes I make there; we'll
both work in the branch.