lmi

Re: [lmi] Code review: product editor

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] Code review: product editor
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 15:48:24 +0000

On 2007-3-5 15:05 UTC, Evgeniy Tarassov wrote:

> Do you want me to store little patches

"little": What item five says here:
  http://www.wxwidgets.org/docs/technote/patches.htm
seems to be a good guideline; littler is better for me as long
as a patch is self contained ("logically indivisible", as that
technote says).

> for changes I do in the code?
> It will not take much effort from me, but could be of a little extra
> help while merging the branch back into HEAD.

Yes, I think that might help me a lot. Just email the patches
to me personally, please--archived, as you did last time, to
prevent email from mangling them.

Probably you read my mind: with a series of little patches, I
can continuously integrate into HEAD. Thus, I'd probably be
happier with smaller patches than the wx maintainers would
normally want: they don't want a series of patches that show
how a contributor's enhancement evolves over time, but that's
perfect for my purposes.

So, after you've completed the merge you're about to undertake,
let's try this and see how it works.