lmi

Re: [lmi] switch census view to use wxDataViewCtrl

From: Václav Slavík
Subject: Re: [lmi] switch census view to use wxDataViewCtrl
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2011 19:28:24 +0200

Hi,

On 2 Aug 2011, at 17:21, Greg Chicares wrote:
> A curious side-effect in HEAD at the moment is that after
>  File | New | Census
> there seems to be no way to edit the (one and only) cell solely by using
> the keyboard.

There's something wrong related to creating a new census, as opposed to loading
an existing one. In the latter case, the newly created grid control has focus
and keyboard navigation works as expected. I'll have a look.

> peculiar behavior--close all child windows and do this (same thing twice):
>  File | New | Census
>  File | New | Census
> then press Tab repeatedly--the dotted-line outline moves back and forth
> between the two dataview controls. I'm guessing that's not intended.

This is unrelated to the grid. Try the same with Database instead of Census, it
behaves the same way. I don't know if this is native behavior or not, I can't
find any non-wx MDI app right now. Vadim, would you know this by a chance?

Anyway, if this behavior should be kept (I don't know -- it does make sense for
document views, IMHO, but less so for dialog-based views), then it would
definitely need to be fixed to change the active MDI window (i.e. which one has
blue titlebar) too, not just keyboard focus.

Regards,
Vaclav