lmi

Re: [lmi] switch census view to use wxDataViewCtrl

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] switch census view to use wxDataViewCtrl
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 02:46:23 +0200

On Tue, 2 Aug 2011 19:28:24 +0200 Václav Slavík <address@hidden> wrote:

VS> > peculiar behavior--close all child windows and do this (same thing twice):
VS> >  File | New | Census
VS> >  File | New | Census
VS> > then press Tab repeatedly--the dotted-line outline moves back and forth
VS> > between the two dataview controls. I'm guessing that's not intended.
VS>
VS> This is unrelated to the grid. Try the same with Database instead of
VS> Census, it behaves the same way. I don't know if this is native
VS> behavior or not, I can't find any non-wx MDI app right now. Vadim,
VS> would you know this by a chance?

 Yes, I do, and as much as I'd like to claim this is as a feature I'm
afraid it's just a bad bug in wx keyboard handling code. The search for the
containing window that can handle the TAB key press stopped at top level
windows but didn't stop at MDI frames, as it should have.

 I've fixed this in wxWidgets itself in r68502. Unfortunately I had to
introduce another virtual method in wxWindow for this but I don't see any
better way (i.e. not using dynamic_cast<wxMDIChildFrame*>)...

 Thanks for noticing this bug, Greg!
VZ