lmi

Re: [lmi] switch census view to use wxDataViewCtrl

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] switch census view to use wxDataViewCtrl
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2011 23:42:57 +0000

On 2011-08-03 19:21Z, Greg Chicares wrote:
> On 2011-08-02 17:31Z, Václav Slavík wrote:
>>
>> On 2 Aug 2011, at 17:21, Greg Chicares wrote:
>>> Introducing a new topic: after
>>>  Census | Add cell
>>> it would probably be better to select the newly-added cell (even though
>>> the old listview-based implementation didn't do that). Can you show me how
>>> to do that please?
>
> Thanks. I tried the [snipped] patch, and it does select the newly-added cell.
> However, with a large census, that selection is off the screen. Would it be
> a good idea to scroll the control so that the selection is visible? If so,
> would you show me how to do that? (Someday, I'd like to delve into wxDVC so
> that I could do this stuff myself, but for now I think I should focus on
> your pending patches instead.)

I couldn't resist taking a quick peek at the documentation. Searching for
"visible" immediately gave me the answer. Easier than I'd feared--that's
the way documentation should be written. Committed as revision 5228.

This made it easier to stumble across a hitherto-unnoticed defect that
I'll describe in a follow-up message.