lout-users

Re: Inserting text before any large-scale structure

From: Jeff Kingston
Subject: Re: Inserting text before any large-scale structure
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2004 11:33:49 +1000

> I sometimes find it useful to insert text before any large-scale
> structure.  However, this is not possible when using the `report'
> and `book' styles.

I'm not sure that it makes sense for the book style, although
there are parameters to @Book that put things after the title
page (publication data etc.).  It would make sense for "report"
but the structure there has been made convenient for people
who want a sequence of sections without the inconvenience of
enclosing them in @BeginSections ... @EndSections.  I always
just have a first section labelled "1.  Introduction".  Anyway
there is no way around this.

Jeff