Re: [Ltib] ltib rpm staging confusion

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] ltib rpm staging confusion
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2009 09:12:13 +0100

Hi Mike,

The thing to check is if you
   ls -l /tmp/rpm-mikegoins/SOURCES/rpm-4.0.4.tar.gz
does this point at a valid file.

There are 2 cases. For ISO releases, these packages should be found in the BSP on installation in the pkgs directory. If not they get downloaded from the GPP.

Until 7th July the download place would be /tmp, after that (on Savannah) /tmp/rpm-_user/

Again, I think to debug this, first make sure you have:
rm -rf /tmp/rpm*

Regards, Stuart

Mike Goins wrote:
Stuart,

I do not think it is related to your changes.   I installed the
Freescale BSP in a separate PC (Suse 10.0, it's a bit old) to get that
error.  I also tried the latest ltib from savannah and it err'd also.
My initial thought is that the RPM environment is a bit different
between the two machines I am using.  The original Suse 11.x machine I
was using not having a problem.   I will probably try to investigate
myself to resolve since I am trying to get this setup for my fellow
engineers to start working and we have a very diverse set GNU/Linux
desktops.