Re: [Ltib] LPC3250 board, X server fault: Invalid argument

From: Dmitry Vinokurov
Subject: Re: [Ltib] LPC3250 board, X server fault: Invalid argument
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 19:35:27 +0600

Hi Stuart,

I have touchscreen and tslib is enabled. Tried to build without tslib -- same result: running 'Xfbdev -nolisten tcp' with or without tslib gave same result:
/*
address@hidden /root]# Xfbdev -nolisten tcp
Warning: mode not found, using default
error: Invalid argument

Fatal server error:
no screens found
*/

Executing 'Xfbdev -nolisten tcp -ac -mouse mouse -keybd keyboard -screen 240x320x32' gave same error too.

Nodes /dev/fb* I've checked -- they exist and terminal (non-X) output to the touchscreen works fine.

--
Best Regards, Dmitry Vinokurov <address@hidden>

Stuart Hughes wrote:
Hi Dmitry,

Another thing to check is that if you don't have touch-screen that 'tslib' is disabled in the configuration. If tslib is enabled it throws a switch in the xorg-server spec file. This may explain the invalid argument.

Try running Xfbdev -nolisten tcp with no other args, the server is supposed to be able to probe and find defaults.

Also check that you really have a /dev/fb* device node present.

Regards, Stuart

Dmitry Vinokurov wrote:
Same error:
/*
address@hidden /root]# Xfbdev -nolisten tcp -ac -mouse mouse -keybd keyboard -screen 240x320x32
error: Invalid argument

Fatal server error:
no screens found
*/

Tried 320x240 and 24 bpp -- same result.

Kernel was built with FB suppord -- while loading, linux perfectly writes boot messages on the screen and color Tux is shown there :)

--
Best Regards, Dmitry Vinokurov <address@hidden>

Daniel Widyanto wrote:
Hi,

It seems like you don't pass the screen parameter to Xfbdev (it needs the screen resolution and bpp mode) # Xfbdev -nolisten tcp -ac -mouse mouse -keybd keyboard -screen 240x320x32

Refer to: http://www.xfree86.org/current/TinyX.1.html

-daniel