[Ltib] Found issue relating to xorg-x11-proto-devel.spec and xextproto-7

From: Rodney Lott
Subject: [Ltib] Found issue relating to xorg-x11-proto-devel.spec and xextproto-7.0.2.tar.bz2
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 11:45:19 -0500

Stuart:

I just ran into the xextproto issue again and I think I found what was causing it:

address@hidden:~/doodles/ltib-10-1-1a-sv$ find . | xargs grep xextproto
./dist/lfs-5.1/xorg-x11-proto-devel/xorg-x11-proto-devel.spec:Source19        : ftp://ftp.x.org/pub/individual/proto/xextproto-7.0.2.tar.bz2

It appears that the xorg-x11-proto-devel.spec file is referencing a xextproto-7.0.2.tar.bz2 file, which is why I am getting the error:

Processing: xorg-x11-proto-devel
==================================
Build path taken because: no prebuilt rpm,
Testing network connectivity for gpp
OK GPP: is available
Try xextproto-7.0.2.tar.bz2.md5 from the GPP
Read error (Connection timed out) in headers.
Try xextproto-7.0.2.tar.bz2 from the GPP
http://bitshrine.org/gpp/xextproto-7.0.2.tar.bz2:
11:19:35 ERROR 404: Not Found.
Can't get: xextproto-7.0.2.tar.bz2 at ./ltib line 802.

I think if you are wanting to lock things down at the X.Org 7.3 release, maybe the best solution would be to change all the URL's in the Source lines to use X11R7.3/src/ in place of individual.  In this way, you would not have to change the spec file that much and it would find the packages as expected.

I temporarily changed the xorg-x11-proto-devel.spec file and but I am still getting the same error.  I am not sure why it is trying to find the package in the GPP, when the Source line specifies a full URL.

Rodney