lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] Suggestion re ARP

From: Mountifield, Tony
Subject: [lwip-devel] Suggestion re ARP
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 11:54:08 +0100

The network on which I am testing LWIP is a busy corporate LAN with ten or more
ARP requests broadcast per second.

Since LWIP updates its ARP table with the IP and MAC of the sender for every
ARP Request it sees, it cannot cache the addresses it really needs, for the
host(s) with which it is communicating, for more than a few seconds, and is
consequently making many more ARP requests than necessary.

My suggestion is to have a #if option to control whether or not LWIP updates
its ARP table from 3rd-party requests it sees. Comments?

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield
Contractor @ Tandberg TV

This email, its content and any attachments is PRIVATE AND
CONFIDENTIAL to TANDBERG Television. If received in error please
notify the sender and destroy the original message and attachments.

www.tandbergtv.com