lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] Port maintainers

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: [lwip-devel] Port maintainers
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 11:30:33 +0000

I'm CC'ing lwip-users on this developers mail as it is possibly of wider
interest/implication.

Currently the lwip-contrib module lags behind the core stack as there is
a period of time between stack changes going in, and the ports being
updated.  I suspect that in a number of cases there is no-one
maintaining a port, and so it is unlikely to ever be updated.

I'd like to suggest that unless we can find developers who are willing
to take ownership of a port then that port should be retired and removed
from the supported codebase.  It could then be archived and put on the
website so that if in the future anyone does want to support it, they
can revive the port.

So, this is a call for lwip developers to step forward if:
 - they already maintain a port (so that we know someone is doing the
job and don't retire it)
 - they don't already maintain a port, but would like to help out by
doing so in order to prevent a port being retired.

Port maintenance is something I can't do myself as in most cases it
would need the hardware in question to test things.

Thanks

Kieran