lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [task #7017] Implement DNS client

From: Frédéric Bernon
Subject: [lwip-devel] [task #7017] Implement DNS client
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 12:17:09 +0000

(answers from Jim)

>I used resolv_ only because that was uIP's naming convention for the module.
We can use whatever everyone thinks is the most clear.

>The DNS cache is only cleared manually in _init() I believe. I agree, the
timer function should clear old entries as per the RFC.

>No arguments that a secondary server entry would be beneficial.

>Dns table was initialized in the same manner (to DONE) as it was in uIP - I
left it alone since I wasn't sure why.

>I agree checking return values is a good idea - as I said when I posted it,
this is still a work in progress and I wanted to develop it a bit more.
Others seemed to need it now though so I made it available.

>MAX_NAME_LENGTH was 32 in uIP; our device can only handle host names up to
29 chars anyway so I didn't worry about this - but it's a define. We should
conditionally define it so it can be overridden in LWIPOPTS.H (like the
number of cache entries is). If you want the default to match the RFC that's
fine but that's going to be a large chunk of RAM.

>I have not checked compressed answer expansion - I copied that portion of
the code from uIP and have not tested the functionality explicitly.

>I tried to use indent and comment style matching the lwIP standards with the
idea in mind that this would be included eventually... I'm sure there's tweaks
required since it wasn't the primary goal however. Typos though? Me? Never!
Lol

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?7017>

  Message posté via/par Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/