lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] sys_timeout

From: Peter Graf
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] sys_timeout
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 09:58:01 +0100

Hi Curt,

I'm actually not using tcpip_thread() or any of the src/api, but rather the
"raw" API (I'm precluded from using netconn since its
message passing is based on shared memory).  My O/S also does not have
semaphores.  It has nothing but timer interrupts, network
interface interrupts, and bus interrupts.  I define NO_SYS.

Just in case it's helpful: Are you sure you really don't have shared memory, in it's most trivial meaning? You seem to have a rudimentary O/S which makes it unlikely that memory protection is active.

The point may be if your O/S supports multiple threads. If it does, you might even implement semaphores yourself, and use the multitasking API of lwIP.

Peter