lwip-users

RE : RE : [lwip-users] Device name

From: Frédéric BERNON
Subject: RE : RE : [lwip-users] Device name
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 10:27:43 +0200

So, implement your own NETBIOS stack is your only solution (if you don't want
to have to configure your "ping" hosts). But I'm not sure NETBIOS is supported
on all platform (for name resolutions). It's sure for Windows ones, Linux use
it for Samba, but I don't know if tools like ping do it.

"NETBIOS name service" is not very difficult to implement, but it will only
work on a LAN (and a VPN if you use some "master explorers" on), but not on a
WAN. Take a look to http://ubiqx.org/cifs/NetBIOS.html, it provide most of
details.

Frédéric BERNON
HYMATOM SA