lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Windows 7 Startup crashes LwIP and Free RTOS

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Windows 7 Startup crashes LwIP and Free RTOS
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 09:25:43 +0200

Marco Jakobs wrote:
> Do you (or anybody) has any example code for this?

Well, I guess that largely depends on your MAC, which I don't know. Personally,
I don't have these problems as I have enough memory to just allocate a
maximum-sized frame for every packet (since small packets which just contain
ACKs are not queued in the stack, anyway).

But from the struct you wrote, the driver should create one pbuf from
'StartOfFrame' to 'EndOfFrame' and discard any partly concatenated packets that
don't match this simple rule (e.g. another 'StartOfFrame' before an
'EndOfFrame' or an overflow flag after a 'StartOfFrame').

As I said, the lwIP code *should* eventually drop such packets gracefully, but
since this is a thing that doesn't happen often, that code *might* be broken
and *might* produce the errors you see (which would be a bug worth fixing, of
course).

Simon