lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Windows 7 Startup crashes LwIP and Free RTOS

From: Marco Jakobs
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Windows 7 Startup crashes LwIP and Free RTOS
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 21:09:58 +0200

Dear all,

to finalize this with a status: After changing the EMAC initialization to non-promiscuous mode (MAC filtering enabled at EMAC level, broadcasts enabled), the problem did not occur on all devices for a week now. Seems to be solved (or better: avoided) with this setting.

Actually i can't get behind what was causing it. Maybe the EMAC task, which had highest priority together with my watchdog task. The RTOS stats are showing enough free memory while it's running, but maybe something causes the 512 bytes not reaching anymore. As i want to continue my home project and it's working now quite good, i actually won't put more work in investigation of this.

Thank you all for your great suggestions!

Marco