lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Windows 7 Startup crashes LwIP and Free RTOS

From: FreeRTOS Info
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Windows 7 Startup crashes LwIP and Free RTOS
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2010 14:25:17 +0100

Hi Guys,

Sorry - just dipping in and out of this thread as it has FreeRTOS in the
title and I want to ensure there are no major issues in anything I'm
distributing.

However, just to repeat something I said a while back, the MAC driver
provided in the FreeRTOS download is a 'demo' quality driver.  It is
intended to allow the features of the kernel to be demonstrated, with
some interrupt interaction, etc.  It is not a full and complete driver
with all the possible error conditions handled.  It has been pointed out
before that certain overrun conditions can cause the driver to hang, and
the error handling under these conditions I think is rather primitive.
Its worth looking at the interrupt cause within the ISR to see why an
interrupt was really generated.

Regards,
Richard.

+ http://www.FreeRTOS.org
Designed for Microcontrollers.  More than 7000 downloads per month.

+ http://www.SafeRTOS.com
Certified by TÜV as meeting the requirements for safety related systems.