lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] testing lwIP with Contiki?

From: Pomeroy, Marty
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] testing lwIP with Contiki?
Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 07:53:56 -0400

Priyanka

>> Any idea if lwIP TCP/IP stack is TCP-friendly?

Is that the question you meant to ask?  Or perhaps "Contiki friendly"?
Ansering the question I think you meant...

lwIP is OS independent, so there is no reason it would not work with
Contiki.  However you may find it tough with an MSP430, since Contiki
and uIP are targeted to those really tiny footprints.  lwIP is moderate
in size.

Typically if you need a more full-featured comm package (like lwIP), it
is for a more complicated stand-alone app/system.  A simple app on a
tiny processor is typically part of a larger system, and needs just bit
of code to send an occasional tiny packet of data (probably UDP), with
the processing of that data and the real intelligence built into the
part of the system that receives that data.  An example would be a
central PC running a building HVAC system, with dozens of remote sensors
(maybe MSP430's) sending raw data.

Hope this helps!

Marty