m17n-list

Re: [m17n-list] Trying to create a more optimal Indic input method.

From: Vishvas Vasuki
Subject: Re: [m17n-list] Trying to create a more optimal Indic input method.
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2015 18:12:50 -0700

Here is the file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3l08us3dk0h90x7/hi-optitransv2.mim?dl=0

(cross posting to address@hidden and m17n-list <address@hidden>  - will update both threads in case I receive an answer.)

While I was trying to create a more efficient (yet phonetically intuitive) Indic input method (driven by the observation from Sanskrit that the "consonant followed by virama" pattern occurs far fewer times than the "consonant followed by a" pattern - ie. क् is rarer than क), I created the attached file.

But I have so far not succeeded in getting it to work on my Ubuntu 14.04 computer (it just doesn't show up when restart ibus-daemon). Can someone fix it or tell me a simple way of debugging it?

Vishvas /विश्वासः

Vishvas /विश्वासः