Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Configure options for qt

From: Mark Brand
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Configure options for qt
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 22:42:42 +0100

>> Earlier today I posted a "shared" variation of qt.mk that seems to work
>> well.
>>
> I saw this in the archive (I subscribed a few hours later). Do you think
> this might solve my problem wrt pgsql?

Yes.

> Besides, how can we clean and rebuild only one package in the
> mingw-cross-env install? http://www.nongnu.org/mingw-cross-env/#usage
> only gives 'make clean' and 'make clean-pkg' that don't do this.

I don't know a way to have a static and shared version of Qt next to
each other in the same mingw-cross-env directory.

Here are some options:

1. Just install the shared Qt over the static one. Probably will be OK,
but no guarantees. I've done it before and it seems to work.
2. Remove the installed static Qt manually. Tedious, but you could write
a script.
2. Start fresh and replace qt.mk before you build.

What I do now is keep two Mercurial clones of mingw-cross-env. The
first, "mingw-cross-env", is cloned from Volker's hosted repo.  The
second, called "mingw-cross-env-shared", is cloned from the first and
has a shared version of qt.mk  This makes it easy to propagate
changesets.  The second also has a symbolic link to the pkg directory of
the first. This way I don't download all the packages twice.

-Mark