Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Configure options for qt

From: Mark Brand
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Configure options for qt
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 12:06:17 +0100

>>> A remaining issue arises when your static Qt plugin depends on a static
>>> library outside Qt. This obviously comes up in mingw-cross-env. For
>>> example, qsqlpsql might depend on pq. In such cases "QTPLUGIN +=
>>> qsqlpsql" is not enough to get qmake to create a Makefile that links to
>>> pq.  What seems to work is "QTPLUGIN += qsqlpsql pq", but I don't know
>>> if this is the best way to solve the problem.
>>>
> OK, I got it. Part (probably all) of my problems comes from the fact
> that there was no Q_IMPORT_PLUGIN and QTPLUGIN stuff in my sources. This
> was not needed on my debian box (which is quite a mystery when I think
> about it since the libqt4-sql-psql package only installs the file
> /usr/lib/qt4/plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlpsql.so) and on the Windows box
> my old Qt 4.4.3 had been recompiled with the -qt-sql-psql flag.

The mystery is gone when you realize that Debian provides *shared*
(i.e., DLL) Qt libraries, including the plugins.  Qt is also by default
in *shared* form when you install it or build it on Windows.

The Qt libraries, including plugins, built by mingw-cross-env by default
are *static*.  This is rather unusual.

The "Q_IMPORT_PLUGIN and QTPLUGIN stuff" is only needed for *static*
plugins.

Also, the psql driver is not built by default in the packages from
Nokia, but it is built by default in mingw-cross-env.

-Mark