Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Configure options for qt

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Configure options for qt
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 00:12:26 +0100

Mark Brand <address@hidden> schrieb:

> > Could it be I'm forgetting to put some library file alongside the
> > windows binary? Since the mingw-cross-env build is static I don't think
> > so but who knows... I only joined the mingwm10.dll there since windows
> > complained about it being absent on first try.
>
> Mingwm10.dll should be all you need if you have a static build.

FWIW, the mingwm10.dll is not really a "dll" in the classic sence,
i.e. it's not a separate library. It's better seen as a hack to
allow thread-safe exceptions. The MinGW people tried hard to find
a better way, but the only way to (mis-)use the Win32 API to suppot
custom thread-safe exception was by using some DLL calls.

This is very strange, but it is the only reason for which some
mingw-cross-env compiled applications would need that one extra
DLL files. No other DLL files should be required.

(Well, there's another exception when using the libUSB, but
 that's another story. ;-))

Greets,

    Volker

--