Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Configure options for qt

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Configure options for qt
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 10:53:01 +0100

phep <address@hidden> schrieb:
> Which is the consequence of the -lsecur32, -lssl, -lcrypto and -lcrypt32
> flags being absent. So, I modified my src.pro to have
> QTPLUGIN += qsqlpsql pq secur32 ssl crypto crypt32
>
> and that made the trick !
>
> I now have to investigate why I do not need the plugin stuff on debian

The "plugin stuff" is not needed on Debian, but also does no harm
there. The main difference is that mingw-cross-env provides a Qt
for static linking. That's why you need to be a bit more explicit
on which plugins you use, because they won't be detected on runtime.
On the pro side, your *.exe file will contain the whole Qt stuff
and all needed plugins.

BTW, you might want to compress your *.exe file with UPX.

> and then to tweak my cmake config to integrate all of this (for all
> those tests I build an ad-hoc qmake configuration to avoid excessive
> problems).

I don't think you need CMake for that. QMake already provides
everything you need.

For instance, in one of my projects I need to link against some
image libraries explicitly when doing the static win32 build.
This is easily done in my *.pro file via:

    win32 {
        LIBS += -liconv -ljasper -ljpeg -ltiff -lmng -lIlmImf ...
    }

No need to run yet another build system (CMake) over that.

Greets,

    Volker

--
Volker Grabsch