Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Re: gtkglextmm + including test

From: Mark Brand
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Re: gtkglextmm + including test
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 23:33:57 +0200

It's failing for me on Ubuntu now, though I seem to recall it was
working previously. Maybe the updates to atkmm and gtkmm?

http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/469375d2c977

Is it still building for you after those updates?
I will try it tomorrow - i'm on ubuntu 10.04 64bit and there it worked
for sure. But i remember, that i had to use special versions of some of
the dependencies to get this working at the time of the initial submit.
I think that may be the case, the error (log attached):

     error: 'GdkSpanFunc' has not been declared

seems to be a deprecated function:

http://library.gnome.org/devel/gdk/stable/gdk-Points-Rectangles-and-Regions.html#GdkSpanFunc

Is it better to revert to previous versions of dependencies, or update
this to the development version?

Cheers,

Tony

Hi Tony and Martin,

Apparently you can allow deprecated stuff by removing a define. At least it builds and the test program works. I checked it in:

http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/7dc8b38dadf1

I removed the autoconf call, assuming it must have been left over from an earlier stage. Let me know if it should be put back in.

Does this seem OK now?

regards,
Mark