Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Missing libmng dependency on lcms

From: David García Garzón
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Missing libmng dependency on lcms
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 15:33:55 +0100

On Tuesday 09 November 2010 23:23:44 Mark Brand wrote:
> On 11/07/2010 03:06 PM, David García Garzón wrote:
> > I just noticed that there is a missing dependency for libmng on lcms.
> >
> > Regards.
>
> Hi David,
>
> I took a quick look at this. According to libmng's  README.config ,
> libmng can use lcms. But the "lcms" in mingw-cross-env is actually lcms2
> which does not work. Apparently, the older lcms would need to be added
> to mingw-cross-env, or perhaps libmng could be made to work with lcms2.
> Are you interested in pursuing one of the options?
>
> Mark

I am interested in compiling just libmng alone with its minimum dependencies.
Try compiling just libmng from a clean installation. The compilation fails
complaining about lcms. Compile lcms2 (the same version in cross-mingw-env)
first and it will compile with no modification (no need for lcms1). I guess
that usually lcms2 gets compiled previously in the build sequence and because
of that it gave no problem until now.

David.