Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Preparation of Release 2.17

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Preparation of Release 2.17
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2010 09:29:43 +1100

On 4 December 2010 08:11, Mark Brand <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Tony,
>
> I remember a stray dot caused by "echo -n"  in freetds configure a while
> ago, but I don't see any "echo -n" here. Gstreamer's
> common/m4/gst-package-release-datetime.m4 does not have any obvious (to me)
> bashisms.
>
> It's just a wild hunch, but I wonder about the "awk" in
> common/extract-release-date-from-doap-file which is called by that macro.
> Wasn't there a case once where "gawk" worked better?

Hi Mark,

That was my first try, replacing awk with gwak/nawk/mawk. Then I tried
gsed (later in the script). Turns out that the script itself is fine,

I *think* the <dot><space> means "use the current env" in bash (or
familiars), but I don't know the equivalent C or Bourne shell
invocation, and it doesn't seem necessary.

Thanks,

Tony