Re: [Mldonkey-users] OCaml patch / Debian packages / etc

From: MLdonkey
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] OCaml patch / Debian packages / etc
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 23:26:52 +0200 (CEST)

>    What we can do is to include part of ocaml sources in mldonkey
>    source with the patch applied, compile them and then compile
>    mldonkey with them.

I just tried it:

untar ocaml-3.04.tar.gz

patch with ocaml-3.04.patch

keep only the following dirs
   asmcomp/ bytecomp/ byterun/ config/ driver/ parsing/ tools/ typing/ utils/

In the Ocaml Makefile:
replace "boot/" by "" everywhere.
replace "byterun/ocamlrun" by "ocamlrun" everywhere.
remove CAMLC=... on line 454

Then call:
./configure -libdir `ocamlc -where`
make ocamlopt
make ocamlopt.opt
copy these two files in your path before compiling mldonkey.

Even the byterun/ and tools/ directories could be removed by keeping
bytecomp/runtimedef.ml and tools/cvt_emit.mll somewhere else.
Of course, make clean and make install will not work.

- MLDonkey