Re: [Mldonkey-users] Lugdunum servers get official! (bad for mldonkey)

From: Roland Arendes
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Lugdunum servers get official! (bad for mldonkey)
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 11:39:06 +0100

hi Martin,

>> Mldonkey wants to identify another mldonkey client to exchange sources
>> for files right?
>> So if you only want a "client" to identify to another then all that it
>> has to do is just say "no im not mldonkey" when asked from a server or
>> from the server ip.
>> If this is true then i could make a patch for mldonkey "
>> Is it true? Should i start making the patch?
M> Yes please! I searched the source already but my ocaml skills are very
M> weak :[ If no server could identify mldonkey they cant block us
M> anymore!
M> Please make that patch!

I think we should make the changes according to lugdunum-master, so
that we're "ok" from his point of view. mldonkey has already said to
do this, but he's on vacation atm.

Faking does not help at all (as they'll find a new way to block
this client) and it's not good for the reputation again.

If you make this patch, please do not distribute it.

We need to get away from this "linux hacker"- who try to break
all the rules just for their own advantage.

Just my 2 cents.

-Roland