Re: [Mldonkey-users] Lugdunum servers get official! (bad for mldonkey)

From: Martin
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Lugdunum servers get official! (bad for mldonkey)
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 12:10:55 +0100

Roland Arendes wrote...
> I think we should make the changes according to lugdunum-master, so
> that we're "ok" from his point of view. mldonkey has already said to
> do this, but he's on vacation atm.
> Faking does not help at all (as they'll find a new way to block
> this client) and it's not good for the reputation again.

This is still ok for my but as long as a server can identify
mldonkey there will always be some admins who will block us. I think noone
should be able to distinguish between cliens. Otherwise im afraid there will be
emule-only or official-client-only-servers when this lungdumb-guy
improves his blocking technics. Already his servers have a
block-mldonkey option and a block-emule option is in progress....

Martin
--
GPGKEYID=6E6C3431 / SERVER=WWWKEYS.DE.PGP.NET
BOFH excuse : Chewing gum on /dev/sd3c