Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: mldonkey eating up all memory again

From: MLDonkey User
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: mldonkey eating up all memory again
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 11:46:14 +0100 (CET)

Hello friends,

here for a quick summary on how i played with mldonkey to cut down this
bug :
I used various versions of the sources by revisions or by timestamp
starting with the release of version 2.
I used various versions of ocaml to compile, all in combinations with the
patches the debian crew used or just the plain cvs version.
latest ocaml versions cannot be used as mldonkey does not compile grimping
that whatever function needs 4 arguments and only 3 were supplied. im do
not have any clue about objective caml so ... :)

all discussions on that issue point out that it seems that the problem is
the tracking of sources. my tests have shown that even if limiting
upstream bandwidth to 3k/s it grows to >13k/s - the same as for some other
users reported this behaviour on the list.

so, is there a need of contacting developers in some way (another bug
report or whatever) or do they track the list ? seems like there are a
couple of guys having troube with this issue and therefore it needs to be
fixed quite soon.
i checked sources of the donkey module but stuff looks quite confusing for
working using C only.

if there are some debugging informations needed or theres another way
i can help solving that issue just drop me an email.

regards,
saw