Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: mldonkey eating up all memory again

From: Pierre Etchemaite
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: mldonkey eating up all memory again
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 01:45:37 +0100

Le Thu, 21 Nov 2002 17:47:27 +0100, Sven Hartge <address@hidden>
a écrit :

> Since mldonkey v2 does not search for files which are paused, shouldn't
> pausing them be enough to stop the problem? Do you really need to purge
> them completely from the files.ini, as you suggest in your bug-report?

You stop searching for sources yourself (CVS 2.00+2 also pauses searches
after a while when it has reached max_sources_per_file sources), but all the
mldonkey peers you "met" in the last 24h (and that were not restarted since
then) remember you and will send you the new sources they find.

As I already said, sources received that way are immediately tried, this is
certainly part of the problem...