Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: Strange Behaviour

From: Pierre Etchemaite
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: Strange Behaviour
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 01:14:49 +0100

Le Mon, 25 Nov 2002 00:27:22 +0100, Sven Hartge <address@hidden>
a écrit :

> Setting mldonkey to a higher protocol revision than it originally speaks
> is Bad Thing[tm], [...]

No one can say for sure that they aren't protocol changes between protocol
revisions (where are the specs, again), but I don't think they are many, at
least not in the late revisions.

To me, that "protocol version" idea was just a way to phase out old clients:
when you want to get rid of an old version of your client (because you
just found important bugs), increase the protocol number in the new version
of your client, wait for a while, then ask administrators to ban the old
version from the servers.