Re: [Mldonkey-users] Strange Behaviour

From: JoLorant
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Strange Behaviour
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 16:48:05 +0100

Hi Sonja,

Am Sonntag, 24. November 2002 21:55 schrieb Sonja Paszeska:

> for about a week now I have only shitty download-rates. Most of the time
> mldonkey doesn't get anything - the best I had was 10kb/sec for a short
> time.

That's not a too low rate, if you're downloading files that aren't spread
good.

To find out what happens look at the sources of the files you're trying to
download every now and then. If there are only 2 or 3 sources available, it's
no wonder if you only get a max of 10 kb/s.
If there are many more, you really should try setting protocol_version to 61.

You can also try to open more upload slots with lower upstream bandwidth -
that will probably allow more eMule peers to connect to your host and because
of their rating system hopefully get you a higher priority on more slots.

JoLo