Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: can t connect to server

From: Pierre Etchemaite
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: can t connect to server
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 12:32:53 +0100

Le 25 Nov 2002 11:25:33 +0100, Falk Hueffner
<address@hidden> a écrit :

>> get_chunks_in_random_order.patch: patch #665. Try to get the chunks of
>> files in a random order. Better for file propagation.
> I hope this is "among the least spread chunks, choose a random one"?

Like the previous algorithm, the priority is only given on chunks with only
one source (in the current set of connected sources), but this is an
interesting improvement.

>> hide_chunks_being_uploaded.patch: patch #668. Hide chunks already
>> being downloaded to other uploaders. Better for file propagation.
>
> Hmm, I'm not sure about this one. Slow downloaders might block chunks
> for a very long time that way.

If you don't do it, you can only have slow downloaders :)
Maybe the algorithm could be modified to hide only chunks with n clients ?
This patch is only useful under high upload stress anyway...