Re: [Mldonkey-users] Great Performance, but Overnet?

From: Marc Thoben
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Great Performance, but Overnet?
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 15:40:09 +0100

On 3th of March 2003 at 13:05:05, Andreas Neiser wrote:
> Marc Thoben <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > just curious, is your mldonkey directly connected to the internet,
> > or are you forwarding ports to a mldonkey running on a computer in
> > your LAN ?
>
> I'm behind a Router and forwarded the Port of overnet, just as like i did it
> with the edonkey port 4662 (and that's working pretty good ;). Is there any
> standard port for overnet?
>
> [...]

No, there's no standard port for overnet.

I have the same problem. If I run mldonkey behind a masquerading
router, overnet does not work (or at least not long). Running it on
the server itself works fine, but it lacks the right hardware ;)

I reported this a few days ago, wondering if I were the only one
with this prob.

There is another thing not working for me, which I blame on using a
masquerading server: Since -21 I have no more upload to the original
eDonkey Clients (eDK). They used to get about 20% of my uploads. Can
you confirm this, too ?

Regards,
Marc