Re: [Mldonkey-users] 2.02-24 performs great

From: payday
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] 2.02-24 performs great
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 15:04:26 +0100

Hello Jörg,

Monday, March 3, 2003, 10:42:46 AM, Jörg wrote:

JM> Hy

JM> I think with version -24 we are very close to 2.03. The memory usage is
JM> within reasonable limits. # of sources is near the value i set it to
JM> (max_sources_per_file+400, instead of + 20.000).
JM> # of open connections is nearly kept (according to donitor), in last
JM> versions the number increased steadily until a 'close_all_sockets', then
JM> the game restarted.

JM> An last but not least: great download rates. ;-) for all those who don't
JM> want want to read this, close your eyes. :-)

JM> Dek

I agree that -24 is great but I think the problem with # of open
connections still exists (at least on my machine it does). I noticed
that the number of connections is stable up to a certain point (I set
them to 250). By the time the connections increase, a "netstat -anleep
| grep -c mldonkey" shows a normal number of connections but a
"netstat -anleep | grep -c tcp" tells me there are about 1000 open
connections. Taking a look at the "other" connections with "netstat
-anleep | grep -v mldonkey | less" shows me 500+ connections with
SYN_RECV (some others with LAST_ACK and TIME_WAIT).
I think this is (part of) the problem.
After I kill mldonkey and wait for a couple of seconds the line comes
back to normal.
Restarting mldonkey sometimes leads to the same very high number of
connections and sometime back to normal behavior.

Maybe some other users can comment on this problem?

--
Best regards,
 payday                            mailto:address@hidden