Re: [Mldonkey-users] FYI: News from savannah.nongnu.org

From: Michel Meyers
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] FYI: News from savannah.nongnu.org
Date: 8 Mar 2003 12:05:13 -0000

Hi,

OK, so let's try to make this as painless as we can to everybody.

For mldonkey users reading this here's the settings to change in your
downloads.ini:

 network_update_url = "http://savannah.nongnu.org/download/mldonkey/network/";

 web_infos = [
  ("server.met", 1,
"http://savannah.nongnu.org/download/mldonkey/network/servers.met";);
  ("server.met", 1,
"http://savannah.nongnu.org/download/mldonkey/network/servers.met";);

Just change the savannah.nongnu.org to something like 'localhost' ...
downloading these files won't work then but it currently doesn't work anyway
and at least it takes the load off the savannah server. Plus you'll still be
able to change the settings later when the files come online at a different
place.

To the devels: Are there any plans of changing the defaults? I would propose to
just change them for now (as I said before, they don't work anyway so we can
just as well try to get the load of the webserver in question ASAP) and then
see where those files could be hosted without being of trouble to anyone.

Greetings,
        Michel