Re: [Mldonkey-users] FYI: News from savannah.nongnu.org

From: Goswin Brederlow
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] FYI: News from savannah.nongnu.org
Date: 08 Mar 2003 17:32:17 +0100

"Michel Meyers" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> OK, so let's try to make this as painless as we can to everybody.
>
> For mldonkey users reading this here's the settings to change in your
> downloads.ini:
>
>  network_update_url = "http://savannah.nongnu.org/download/mldonkey/network/";
>
>  web_infos = [
>   ("server.met", 1,
> "http://savannah.nongnu.org/download/mldonkey/network/servers.met";);
>   ("server.met", 1,
> "http://savannah.nongnu.org/download/mldonkey/network/servers.met";);

Do we need those files anyway?

Unless you start mldonkey for the first time or after a long downtime
you don't need a new server list. As long as one (or a very few)
servers are alive you get more new servers there.

Other clients could also be queried for servers. Does the donkey
protocol allow that?

Downloading a servers.met should be a rare exception and not the
default.

MfG
        Goswin