Re: [Mldonkey-users] Is CVS still down?

From: Lionel Bouton
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Is CVS still down?
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 23:29:50 +0100

Jarek Hirny wrote:

Hi.

Many users will be happy seeing the performance of sourceforge servers
served for mldonkey cause ;)

...and  I  don't think that mldonkey will be very disturbing for sourceforge
-- as emule is also hosted there and it is probably far more popular. ;)

The problem is not the dev hosting but the starting point config hosting.

Does emule client all aks for 3 files hosted on sourceforge nearly 4 times per day ? This is what mldonkey did hitting 130000+ request per day for an estimated 30000+ mldonkey clients.

I'm pretty sure that hosting these same files on sourceforge will get us banned in a blink of an eye. Anyway these files are far from critical, as good alternatives for them exist elsewhere.

I don't think cvs was blocked for mldonkey specifically, savannah is currently suffering from heavy traffic (and mldonkey clients are the main source of this traffic).

Just calm down, reconfigure your client to not hammer savannah servers, and wait for the storm to pass.

LB