Re: [Mldonkey-users] Is CVS still down?

From: MLdonkey
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Is CVS still down?
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 23:03:54 +0100

>  The problem is not the dev hosting but the starting point config hosting.
>
>  Does emule client all aks for 3 files hosted on sourceforge nearly 4
>  times per day ?
>  This is what mldonkey did hitting 130000+ request per day for an
>  estimated 30000+ mldonkey clients.

I cannot believe this. Now, the redirector is used instead of
savannah. Until now, it has supported 21000 hits (the three files are
downloaded in one single hit) in 3 days (78 hours). It is a bit
different from the 30000+ mldonkey clients. Of course, only 2.03+
clients are counted this way.

For all mldonkey clients, it has received 130 000 hits, but each
client does one hit/6 hours. So, for 78 hours, it means there are
currently 10 000 clients, i.e. 2.03+ are already 70% of the clients.

I think a lot of hits where done by emule clients using the server
list from savannah.

>  I don't think cvs was blocked for mldonkey specifically, savannah is
>  currently suffering from heavy traffic (and mldonkey clients are the
>  main source of this traffic).

>  Just calm down, reconfigure your client to not hammer savannah servers,
>  and wait for the storm to pass.

It is possible to download a tarball of the cvs tree every night. This
could be used to mirror the cvs every night ...

- MLDonkey