Re: [Mldonkey-users] Problem restarting download.

From: Martin
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Problem restarting download.
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 20:39:09 +0100

himba wrote...
> if i do "verify chunks" the overhead disapears and the file downloaded
> is smaller. my guess is if i don't shut down mldonkey with kill, eg.
> hard reboot this appears.

in this case mldonkey cant save the last status of downloaded bytes to
disc and thinks these parts are absent. so it has to redownload those
missing parts

> >[Donkey 4    ]  Queen Complete Collection Albums.zip                  117.6
> >1534484931  1304986051  5:1    5.0
> >[Donkey 3    ]  [DivX-Ita] - Un americano a Roma (Alberto S....avi    150.3
> >1073983488   714344448  5:0    6.0
> >As you can see the DL % is more than 100%. That's sound quite strange since
> >the first time i received this error i cvsupped to the new version
> >(thinking
> >a code bug) but i always have this problem when i kill mldonkey and restart
> >it.It seems that i loose the unfinished chunks that i download. That could
> >be true but sometimes i loose more than 60 70 mb for each file.
> >I found , in the newsgroup, a similar problem but no workaround has been
> >given.
> >Does anybody have this kinda problem?

this is something completely different: you downloaded corrupted data!
mldonkey tries to verify after download but the hashes did not
match. so mld redownloads those parts but counts the corrupted data as
already downloaded....so you can get above 100%....happens sometimes
but you can use the command verify_chunks <file_number> to check this
without restarting mldonkey