Re: [Mldonkey-users] Problem restarting download.

From: Martin
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Problem restarting download.
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 22:39:22 +0100

mldonkey user wrote...
> Now..if i "kill" mldonkey with the kill command and i restart it here's the
> output of the "vd" command

you are talking about entering a "kill" into telnet or any other
mld-interface - *not* the shell-kill command....?

> (please note that i did "verify_chunks" for each file without any success)

but it should....

> [Donkey 2    ]  [DivX-Ita] - Un americano a Roma (Alberto S....avi     47.8
> 341362688   714344448  5:0  -
> [Donkey 1    ]  Queen Complete Collection Albums.zip                   70.4
> 918702531  1304986051  5:0  -
> Should i expect that #1 and #2 download are corrupted??. It may be but it's
> strange that this happen for about 40% of the files that i'm not able to dw
> in one day. I should tell you that often i shutdown the pc for the night and
> obviusly i kill mldonkey.

if you restart mldonkey and this happens there are only 2 reasons for
that (AFAIK...). first mldonkey cant save the download progress to
disc (probably system-shutdown or shell-kill-command). second is
a corrupted download....but then a verify_chunks # should work too

> Another question is. If the a file is corrupted is there any way to check
> this before exceeding the 100%?

only with the verify_chunks command....but you dont have to because
mldonkey will redownload those parts anyway.

PS: Please dont full-quote!