Re: [Mldonkey-users] Dead hard hang.

From: Roland Arendes
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Dead hard hang.
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 12:25:41 +0100 (CET)

Hi

> I've noticed that as soon as I add a share mlnet hangs dead hard so a hard
> boot (reset switch) is the only way out.  Latest CVS pull 01-10-2004.
> Could it be my option of --enable-pthread=-pthread that cause this, or is
> it
> something else perhaps?  I'll recompile without pthreads and see what
> happens.

This seems to be the same behaviour I discovered some days ago. Adding
Links to download causes mldonkey to save its options (process freeze for
about 10 seconds). Adding 5 links causes mldonkey to save 5 times its
options (5x 10s stall). Adding 20 links at once causes mldonkey, ...

If you add a directory for with ~200 mp3's for example, you add 200 links
and you have to hash all files, .. , I think you get the point.

I noticed Fabrice a few days ago that he has to remove this instant save.
No answer yet.

Bye
Roland