Re: [Mldonkey-users] Dead hard hang. [SOLVED]

From: Andre Hinrichs
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Dead hard hang. [SOLVED]
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 14:35:42 +0100

Hi!

Mounting read-only if no write permission shall be given is generally a GOOD
thing for security reasons not only in case of NFS. So I would NOT say the
problem is solved. Some versions ago (2004-01-23) there was a change to open
all files in RW mode (see Changelog). I think there were more problems
introduced than solved. This might cause the problems opening files where no
write access is permitted.
I already sent a mail to the mldonkey-bugs list concerning that ed2k_hash
crashed when trying to create a hash for read-only files 10 days ago
(2004-02-02). No answer yet. So I assume now that this is a common file
access problem.

Greetings,
Andre