[Mldonkey-users] Dead hard hang. [SOLVED]

From: Anders Norrbring
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Dead hard hang. [SOLVED]
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 13:34:05 +0100

> Hi
>
> > I've noticed that as soon as I add a share mlnet hangs dead hard so a hard
> > boot (reset switch) is the only way out.  Latest CVS pull 01-10-2004.
> > Could it be my option of --enable-pthread=-pthread that cause this, or is
> > it
> > something else perhaps?  I'll recompile without pthreads and see what
> > happens.
>
> This seems to be the same behaviour I discovered some days ago. Adding
> Links to download causes mldonkey to save its options (process freeze for
> about 10 seconds). Adding 5 links causes mldonkey to save 5 times its
> options (5x 10s stall). Adding 20 links at once causes mldonkey, ...
>
> If you add a directory for with ~200 mp3's for example, you add 200 links
> and you have to hash all files, .. , I think you get the point.
>
> I noticed Fabrice a few days ago that he has to remove this instant save.
> No answer yet.

Well, I can't hang my mlnet for this, I solved it..  The shares I tried to add
are from a NFS connection, and apparently that doesn't work if the NFS share
is mounted read-only.  I re-mounted with 'rw' and now it works perfectly well.
I just added a catalog with 52000+ pictures and took only 15 seconds to "get
back" to the browsing page (web interface).

Also, when I do a 'ps ax | grep mlnet' I have 4 running mlnet processes, when
I check in 'top' they consume less than 0.2% CPU power in total and only 0.5%
memory.  I run it on a P4 2GHz box with 512MB RDRAM.

If anyone else have this NFS problem, I use this line in my fstab:
box:/catalog /mnt/share nfs rsize=8192,wsize=8192,timeo=14,retry=2,nolock 0 0

Runs smooth... :)

Anders.