monotone-debian

Re: [Monotone-debian] monotone URIs

From: Ludovic Brenta
Subject: Re: [Monotone-debian] monotone URIs
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2010 17:44:26 +0100

Francis Russell writes:
> Ludovic Brenta wrote:
>
>> i.e. adding a line in /etc/services?
>
> No, it's a small patch from 0.48.1 to cause mtn to fall back to the
> default port if it can't determine it otherwise. Getting mtn into
> /etc/services would be nice, but I don't think mtn can be added until it
> appears upstream, and I think the devs are still trying to get IANA to
> rename "monotone" to "mtn".
>
> I've also noticed some bizarre behaviour with syncing with 0.48 that
> I've posted to the main dev list.

OK, since you are the principal maintainer of monotone, you get to
decide whether or not a particular bug is release-critical.  So, if you
would like this fixed in Squeeze, please file a RC ("grave
functionality") bug and commit a minimal patch on org.debian.monotone.
In the changelog, use urgency=low since there is no security bug.  I'll
upload when you tell me to.

--
Ludovic Brenta.