[Monotone-devel] Re: glibc 2.2. version?

From: Deliverable Mail
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: glibc 2.2. version?
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 20:02:23 -0500

> This is why we ship our own version of crypto++ (with, IIRC, some bug
> fixes in it), and always build with either -O0 or "-O2
> -fno-strict-aliasing".  I still don't think you've said whether you
> are
>   - using the built in version of crypto++
>   - compiling with -fno-strict aliasing
> ? Failing to do either of these things could well explain your
> problems.

I do use either the pre-made Makefile with CFLAGS <=> CXXFLAGS = -O2
-fno-strict-aliasing

and O also tried to do = -O0 -fno-strict-aliasing

and I still get the cryptogoawaygreeting instead of db init.  Also, in
related news, -quasistatic fails for me as follows:
monotone: gconv.c:58: __gconv: Assertion `outbuf != ((void *)0) &&
*outbuf != ((void *)0)' failed.
monotone: fatal: signal: SIGABRT (application abort requested)

Hmm,
Alexy