Re: [Monotone-devel] A Two-Fold Proposal: On Formats And Front-Ends

From: Zbynek Winkler
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] A Two-Fold Proposal: On Formats And Front-Ends
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2005 16:43:35 +0200

Marcel van der Boom wrote:

The split up, in the visible explicit way larry described, wouldnt get my vote. Having one monotone excutable is very comfortable during deployment, especially in loosely coupled open source groups like ours. "Download this and get started" is very valuable. Having to have a separate daemon to set up would not be very welcomed by me.

Just a side note: when using gcc, you don't have to set up any daemons either. Despite that the gcc executable is just a driver invoking a lot of other things underneath and no one really notices.

Zbynek

--
http://zw.matfyz.cz/     http://robotika.cz/
Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic